[Samsung Exynos 9 (8895) Source: Samsung News Room]
The era of 4K has arrived
Samsung will start mass-producing Exynos 9(8895) according to the Samsung newsroom. The Exynos 9 Series 8895 is manufactured in a 10nm process. Exynos 9 will offer 27% performance improvement and 40% power reduction are achieved compared to the existing 14-nanometer process (the same process as Snapdragon 821).
– VR image smoothly implemented in UHD specification
– 4K UHD 120fps video recording and playback
– Built-in modem supporting gigabit bps (bit per second) communication speed
– Up to 1Gbps download, up to 150Mbps upload
– Enhanced payment by iris and fingerprint recognition
– Machine Vision function to recognize objects
The most notable feature is 4K high-definition video playback enhancement.
VR content, which had a hard time being popularized due to the heat and choppy experience of smartphones, is expected to come one step closer to everyday life.
Samsung’s Exynos 9 (8895) is expected to be a powerful addition to the Galaxy S8, as it is manufactured using the same 10nm process as the Qualcomm Snapdragon 835.